Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Our Friendly Neighbors in Orlando

This beautiful bird sat on this log, wings spread for a little while.
I think it was posing for us to take a picture. After I snapped
the shot it flew away.

A grey heron that seemed to be doing a mating pose.

A stick bug... now this was cool.

Turtles in a row.



We got up close and personal with this alligator as we kayaked down
a river where he lives. Geoff even touched his tail, which he did
not like at all!


We live next to a family of possums. They aren't the cutest creature,
but Geoff loves them and even declared, "I come in peace", before he
touched this one on the face!





4 comments:

  1. you are a professional blogger already. i'm so proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is the cutest post! you are a fast learner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay I love our Florida Friends~as long as they are friendly! Dido the previous 2 comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am jealous! I want to play with all the animals! love you!

    ReplyDelete